What our customers say about Your Decorator London
I’ve used Eliot Richardson on three separate occasions: to paint the communal areas of the house; my hall-way; and, most recently, my sitting room, bathroom, kitchen and two bedrooms. It’s frankly a relief to find a painter decorator who takes such pride in his work and whose work is completed to such a high standard. He’s professional, polite and punctual. I found Eliot through a friend who works for interiors magazine World Of Interiors, who’d used him to paint their four-storey Georgian house in Clapham and said he was brilliant. I’ve since recommended him to several friends, and they have all been delighted with his work.
Hogarth Architects have worked with Your Decorator on several projects. We have always found their work to be of a very good standard, they are charming and polite and we would have no hesitation in recommending them to clients.
Eliot is a lovely guy and did a great job on our house in East Dulwich. His work is very skilful, detailed, tidy and fairly priced. He’s also really personable and great to have around the house while he’s working. We would highly recommend him.
We met Eliot & his partner as they were decorating another house in the same street. We asked them to repaint the outside of our house and front door. I was very impressed with everything: They explained clearly what they were going to do to ensure a quality long lasting finish They started on the day they promised & finished on time. Always an early start and often a late finish. They certainly didn’t waste any time. Extremely polite and often funny but truly professional, courteous and RELIABLE. The finished work is outstanding and the price very reasonable. These guys should be booked out for the next 12 months but I’m glad they’re not!
It is a pleasure to recommend Eliot Richardson as a painter and decorator because:
A) he is a very nice man and one wants his business to do well but also because,
B) I am confident that the work he does for you will be very well done.
He painted the stairs, landings and several rooms of our (four-storey) house.I’m fussy and my wife is knowledgeable about interiors and we were both pleased. Eliot is careful, well-trained and a good guy. Try him.
I joined the East Dulwich Forum especially to recommend Eliot Richardson and David Burberry. They recently painted our window frames, exterior masonry and a bedroom and did an excellent job: responding promptly to emails and phone calls (rare these days), presenting a very competitive quote, arranging scaffolding, buying all samples and supplies for us and working around our schedule. They are entirely trustworthy, polite, prompt, neat and tidy, and take exceptional pride and interest in their work. What’s more, they left the house cleaner than it was before! Thank you very much to them, and to those who recommended them on there.
Cannot recommend these young men highly enough. Their work was quite simply first class. We changed our minds several times about the exact colour of our paint scheme and they were so patient, obliging and helpful. I have already passed them on to our friends and thought I’d do the same on here.
I have seen various painters at work in the estate, and in my own home, in past years and I was impressed with the care taken and with the quality of the finished work.
It makes all the difference to have a willing, pleasant person like Eliot Richardson doing work in, and around, one’s home.
Eliot Richardson did a wonderful job on my 2-bed flat. He worked against the clock to get my stairs, kitchen, living room and bathroom ready in time for a house-warming.
I was really happy with the results and I’m going to use him again in the Summer.
Over the summer Eliot painted the outside of my house – windows, front door, walls and garden walls. I employed Eliot as I saw the work he did on my neighbours house and the hard work he and his team did due diligently. The team did a very professional job, from preparing all the surfaces that required painting to a very high standard, resulting in a very fine and thorough paint finish. I would have no hesitation in inviting you around to see his work as I am very pleased with the standard the team did
9) Buy plastic sheets to protect furniture and carpets as paint can very easily get through cotton dust sheets.
10) Keep all your tools and materials in the same place – so much time can be wasted running around hunting for tools.
11) When wallpapering make sure you have all the tools you need to hand at all times, you don’t want to be caught short holding the paper on the walls and not being able to reach your tools.
12) Always have a clean damp sponge with you when wallpapering and wipe excess paste off the front of the paper immediately as it can stain if left too long.
13) Have a little fitch brush handy so you can get into the fiddly areas.
14) Don’t buy cheap paint: it doesn’t go as far, it doesn’t cover as well, its harder to apply and it won’t last as long or look as good. It’s much more cost-effective to buy a good quality paint like Dulux.
15) Moving all furniture out of the room will speed things up immensely. If that’s not possible, move everything into the middle so you can work around it.
16) If you’re painting your front door make sure you do it in the morning as it will need to be left open and could take all day to dry. Otherwise you’ll find it will tend to stick around the edges.
Disclaimer: Your Decorator, and all agents, employees or other representatives thereof, will not be liable for loss or damage arising from use of the information provided. This comprehensive limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.